Spicy Thai inspired Pumpkin and Coconut soup
This is a spicy Thai variety on our favourite pumpkin soup. You can make it mild spicy or hot spicy by using different types of chillies. Instead of the traditional sour cream, this recipe uses coconut cream.
Quick ‘n’ easy!” serves 4
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 4 shallots, chopped
• 2 small fresh red chilli peppers, chopped
• 1 tablespoon chopped lemon grass
• 2 1/8 cups chicken stock ( chicken bone broth)
• 4 cups peeled and diced pumpkin
• 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
• 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
Garnish with a squeeze of lime
In a medium saucepan, heat oil and butter over a low heat.
Cook garlic, shallots, chillies and lemongrass until fragrant.
Stir in chicken broth, coconut milk and pumpkin.
Bring to a light boil.
Cook until tender.
Blend until slightly chunky consistency.
Serve with fresh basil, squeeze of lime and a drizzle of coconut cream.
Top with cracked pepper and salt to taste